Since its inception in April 2010, almost 70 candidates have progressed through the programme in five rounds. The sixth round began on 25th September 2013, with a launch sponsored by Campbell Tickell. The seventh round of Future London Leaders will begin in January 2014.
The programme aims to:
- Develop candidates’ network within the London regeneration context and their exposure to senior professionals
- Engender a good understanding of the multidisciplinary aspects of regeneration
- Develop candidates’ skills, experience and confidence
- Encourage awareness of strengths and areas for development
- Encourage active career development planning
Key elements of the programme include:
Mentoring sessions: Each candidate is supported by a senior mentor for the duration of the programme, ensuring an ongoing focus on their development.
Leadership skills training: The programme will consist of a number of development sessions through the year focused on building leadership skills and acquiring sector knowledge. This portion of the programme is run in partnership with Miffa Salter and Andrena Cumella of Urbancanda.
Site visits: Participants will engage in site visits to significant development sites in London including presentations by the project team from both the private and public sector perspectives.
Policy seminars: Participants will attend a series of round table workshops led by experts, and get involved in Future of London’s wider policy programmes
You can view the Future London Leaders Prospectus for more details.
For further information on the programme, please contact Jennifer Johnson.