Since its inception in April 2010, over 100 candidates have graduated from FLL and our new Leaders Plus masterclass series. Those alumni are moving up through delivery and decision-making roles across London’s public and private sector, working to deliver a truly liveable London.
The programme aims to:
- Develop candidates’ network and increase exposure to senior professionals
- Build real, working understanding of the multidisciplinary aspects of regeneration
- Develop candidates’ leadership and management skills, experience and confidence
- Encourage awareness of personal strengths and areas for development
- Encourage active career planning
- Provide a ‘safe space’ to discuss ideas, problem-solving, and the wider world
Key elements of the programme include:
Mentoring: Each candidate is matched with a senior mentor, ensuring an ongoing focus on their development, and allowing a forum for discussing ideas from the formal sessions.
Leadership skills: The programme includes intensive development sessions focused on building leadership and management skills and personal confidence. This element is run with Miffa Salter and Andrena Cumella of respected provider Urbancanda.
Site visits: Participants visit significant development sites across London, where they’re given an inside view and a chance to ask questions of the public- and private-sector practitioners involved. Recent visits include Battersea Nine Elms, the Greenwich Peninsula, Crossrail’s Bond Street Station and St Clements Community Land Trust.
Policy seminars: These in-depth sessions cover a range of topics from community councils to design and density; they’re led by subject experts and are always highly interactive. Candidates are also invited to participate in FoL’s wider programme.
The Future London Leaders Prospectus 2014-2015 can be downloaded here [PDF].
For further information on the programme, please contact Jennifer Johnson.
Future London Leaders is sponsored by Lovell and Re