Given the scale of development challenges facing London, together with the wider funding environment, it has never been more important for housing, regeneration and economic development practitioners to come together to share best practice, develop innovative thinking, and invest in the next generation of sector leaders, to help deliver a sustainable and prosperous future for London.
Membership of Future of London is open to London Boroughs, Registered Providers, and other public bodies. Reflecting the difficult economic circumstances that we all face, we have reduced our membership fee for 2012/13 by over 50 per cent compared to previous years, down to £4,950. This fee is required to cover the organisations running costs, and represents fantastic value for money. We are also pleased to introduce a further membership offer for 2012/13, where organisations can purchase a two year membership, guaranteeing involvement in Future of London through to 2014 and accordingly additional places on our range of programmes, for just £8,910 – representing an additional 10 per cent discount.
Please note that access to the full range of Future of London events in 2012/13 will only be available to full members.
Membership of Future of London brings with it a number of significant and tangible benefits for your organisation, as set out below.
Be a part of the leading London regeneration, housing and economic development network
Join senior practitioners from across London, as well as senior civil servants and industry experts to share knowledge and develop innovative thinking across a range of relevant issues, and receive:
• Membership of our senior steering group that meets bi-monthly to shape the agenda of Future of London;
• Up to five free priority places at all of our public events;
• Exclusive entry to members only events, including senior seminars and dinners;
• Free access to all major site visits; and,
• Opportunities for staff to contribute to and speak at Future of London events.
Take part in the Future London Leaders Programme
This leadership and development programme provides candidates who have five years’ experience in the regeneration or economic development sector with:
• A unique opportunity to become networked with colleagues from London Boroughs, the development community and the private sector;
• The allocation of a senior mentor working in housing, regeneration or economic development in London to provide coaching and advice;
• Bespoke leadership skills sessions facilitated by industry experts;
• Access to a series of site visits to some of the most high profile new developments underway across the Capital;
• Participation in round-table sessions led by experts, and contribution to wider Future of London work programmes; and,
• Automatic membership of Future of London alumni network on completion of programme.
Access cutting edge policy analysis and briefings
Our programme also provides informative and relevant policy briefings, research and analysis across key areas concerning practitioners. In this context, membership will provide you with:
• Free access to all research and policy outputs, including briefing papers, and major policy reports
• Free access to all policy and research roundtable events, and other opportunities to contribute to policy analysis to ensure that your Borough’s voice is heard; and,
• The opportunity to shape our research agenda, through participation in our senior steering group.
We are the only organisation that can offer such a broad range of services and opportunities, and unlike other national organisations, we’re squarely focused on the needs and challenges faced by London practitioners.
Join Future of London
If you are interested in joining the Future of London Network, contact our Interim Director, Lisa Taylor:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 020 7251 6752
Membership terms and conditions
The current Future of London Membership year runs from September 2012 to September 2013. Reflecting the difficult economic circumstances that we all face, Future of London is offering a membership rate of £4,950 for London Boroughs and registered providers. This fee is required to cover the organisations running costs, and represents fantastic value for money when the extensive list of benefits outlined above are considered over a 12 month period. Please note that unlike in previous years, access to the full programme of Future of London events will only be available to full members, so your organisation will need to be registered to participate.
Become a Strategic Partner of Future of London
Future of London would like to work with private sector strategic partners to help develop its programmes, events and seminars for 2012 and beyond. As a key partner you will have the opportunity to be part of a core community of organisations that contribute to London’s future, discussing it and engaging with the key influencers in London, from public sector local authorities to central government organisations, and private sector developers, consultancies, house builders, and research organisations. You’ll get year round contact, enabling you to build relationships and impart your specialist knowledge.
We have worked with our strategic partners to develop packages providing value for them. We have developed programmes of specialist discussions with them, giving them the possibility for ‘thought leadership’ in their field of expertise, and putting them in front of a relevant regeneration audience in London.
We can do the same for you in 2012 and beyond.
For further details on how to become a strategic partner of Future of London please contact our Interim Director, Lisa Taylor.