Across London, practitioners are engaged in a range of redevelopment projects aimed at transforming local places and the lives of those who live there. The successful delivery of major residential, commercial and retail projects is critical to the growth of the London economy, and to improving the well-being of residents across the Capital.
Understanding the challenges and opportunities facing these projects is a key focus at Future of London, where we continue to highlight best practice in regeneration, local service delivery and community development through our reports, seminars, and Communities in Transition field trips.
At the major projects end of the scale, FoL programmes on topics such as Crossrail and estate regeneration examine how the public sector can make the most of large-scale undertakings, while at the other end of the scale, our work on the Localism Act and Business Improvement Districts shows how change can be managed successfully at the community level.
Future of London is not currently planning any events under this theme – please check back soon.
|Doing More With Less: How London boroughs are using new powers to navigate budget straits and deliver local services
Jo Wilson with Lisa Taylor, Future of London
This report puts service delivery reform into context, and outlines some of the measures being implemented across the Capital to manage greater demand with fewer resources.
|Localism in London: The implications for planning and regeneration in the Capital
Anna Turley and Jo Wilson, Future of London,
This report sets out the implications of the localism agenda for planning and regeneration practitioners. It features the results of a London-wide survey on the impact new financing and delivery tools will have for London Boroughs.
|The Localism Bill in London
Joanna Wilson, Future of London,
This new policy briefing provides detail on the reforms contained in the Localism Bill, including new powers and revenue streams, and measures designed to encourage active neighbourhood involvement in development.
News and Project Updates
- Local authority partnerships in London and the Netherlands July 2, 2014On June 17th, we joined forces with the Netherlands School of Public Administration (NSOB) to explore innovative approaches to public sector partnerships in London, Utrecht and The Hague.
- Under the Westway June 5, 2014For our latest Communities in Transition visit, we joined Westway Trust to learn how it has transformed the space under the A40 motorway for the benefit of the local community.
- Spotlight: Taking Stock at TfL – an interview with Graeme Craig June 5, 2014For our latest Spotlight, we spoke to TfL’s Graeme Craig about the organisation’s ambitious network-wide development and asset management efforts.
- Crossrail report launch – April 23 March 31, 2014Future of London is pleased to announce the launch of our new report on the regeneration potential around Crossrail stations – and future infrastructure projects.
- Communities in Transition: Woodberry Down March 19, 2014On April 29, Future of London will visit Woodberry Down in LB Hackney for our latest Communities in Transition field trip, as part of Green Sky Thinking week.