Across London, practitioners are engaged in a range of redevelopment projects aimed at transforming local places and the lives of those who live there. The successful delivery of major residential, commercial and retail projects is critical to the growth of the London economy, and to improving the well-being of residents across the Capital.
Understanding the challenges and opportunities facing these projects is a key focus at Future of London, where we continue to highlight best practice in regeneration, local service delivery and community development through our reports, seminars, and Communities in Transition field trips.
At the major projects end of the scale, FoL programmes on topics such as Crossrail and estate regeneration examine how the public sector can make the most of large-scale undertakings, while at the other end of the scale, our work on the Localism Act and Business Improvement Districts shows how change can be managed successfully at the community level.
6th November, 9 AM – 5 PM
Delivering Estate Renewal
|Doing More With Less: How London boroughs are using new powers to navigate budget straits and deliver local services
Jo Wilson with Lisa Taylor, Future of London
This report puts service delivery reform into context, and outlines some of the measures being implemented across the Capital to manage greater demand with fewer resources.
|Localism in London: The implications for planning and regeneration in the Capital
Anna Turley and Jo Wilson, Future of London,
This report sets out the implications of the localism agenda for planning and regeneration practitioners. It features the results of a London-wide survey on the impact new financing and delivery tools will have for London Boroughs.
|The Localism Bill in London
Joanna Wilson, Future of London,
This new policy briefing provides detail on the reforms contained in the Localism Bill, including new powers and revenue streams, and measures designed to encourage active neighbourhood involvement in development.
News and Project Updates
- Communities in Transition: Wembley March 16, 2015 Our Communities in Transition visits kick off again on 15th April with a trip to Wembley to explore the impact of the stadium on the regeneration of the area.
- Delivering Estate Renewal: Thamesmead site visit March 16, 2015 On 5th March, Future of London visited Thamesmead and Abbey Wood with member organisation Peabody, to hear about estate renewal, Crossrail and Housing Zones in this large riverside area.
- Conference: Creating Resilient Town Centres March 3, 2015 Future of London is pleased to announce a full-day conference, Creating Resilient Town Centres, to be held on Tuesday, 23rd June at the Hilton Tower Bridge.
- London’s Opportunity Areas February 13, 2015 Our online map shows London’s Opportunity and Intensification Areas, with details of their housing and employment capacity.
- Connecting communities in Colindale October 14, 2014 On 8th October, Future of London visited Colindale in LB Barnet, to hear about the council’s new Open Space Strategy and progress on the Grahame Park estate.