Across London, practitioners are engaged in a range of major redevelopment projects aimed at transforming local places and the lives of those who live there. The successful delivery of major residential, commercial and retail projects is critical to the future growth of the London economy, and to improving the well-being of residents across the Capital. Understanding the key challenges and opportunities facing these projects is a key focus of Future of London, and throughout 2013 we are going to be engaged in a programme of Project Reviews and Site Visits, as well as hosting a Major Projects Delivery Group made up of senior practitioners looking specifically at five of London most important housing-led developments.
Future of London is not currently planning any events under this theme – please check back for updates.
Major Projects Map
Future of London’s interactive map highlights some of the major economic development and regeneration projects recently underway across the capital.
To find out more about each project, click on the relevant pin on the map to find a synopsis and links to site visit reports and other articles of interest.
Map key: green = Future London Leaders site visits; blue = Barratt Homes series site visits; yellow = Communities in Transition site visits; purple = member spotlights
View Future of London’s Activity Areas in a larger map
Previous site visits
- FLL: King’s Cross – beyond the station February 27, 2014On 25th February, candidates from Round 7 of Future London Leaders visited King’s Cross to see how one of Europe’s largest redevelopment project is progressing.
- FLL visits London’s first Community Land Trust December 18, 2013On December 17th, candidates on Round 6 of our Future London Leaders programme took part in a site visit to St Clement’s Hospital in LB Tower Hamlets to hear about this unique development – London’s first Community Land Trust.
- Communities in Transition: Shoreditch November 4, 2013Future of London’s Communities in Transition series continued on 30th October with a field trip to Shoreditch to learn about how regeneration has been managed by Hackney and how it has worked in partnership with local businesses to shape the area’s development.
- Communities in Transition: Bermondsey October 10, 2013Future of London’s Communities in Transition series kicked off on 8th October with a field trip to Bermondsey to learn about the area’s regeneration from those most closely involved in it.
- Field Trip Series: Communities in Transition September 17, 2013This October, Future of London is launching a series of practitioner-led field trips to areas where boroughs, resident and business organisations and developers are working together to deliver successful community regeneration.