Across London, practitioners are engaged in a range of major redevelopment projects aimed at transforming local places and the lives of those who live there. The successful delivery of major residential, commercial and retail projects is critical to the future growth of the London economy, and to improving the well-being of residents across the Capital. Understanding the key challenges and opportunities facing these projects is a key focus of Future of London, and throughout 2012 we are going to be engaged in a programme of Project Reviews and Site Visits, as well as hosting a Major Projects Delivery Group made up of senior practitioners looking specifically at five of London most important housing-led developments.
Future of London is not currently planning any events under this theme. Please check back for updates.
Major Projects Map
Future of London’s interactive map highlights some of the major economic development and regeneration projects recently underway across the capital.
To find out more about each project, click on the relevant pin on the map to find a synopsis and links to site visit reports and other articles of interest.
View London’s Major Regeneration Projects in a larger map
Major Projects Delivery Group
Future of London’s Major Projects Delivery Group brings together senior practitioners from across the Capital to share knowledge and best practice, and develop new ways to navigate the shifting development and policy context. In 2012 we will be focusing on major housing-led regeneration projects across inner and outer London.
The Major Projects Delivery Group consists of following practioners:
- Tony Westbrook, Principal Project Manager, LB Barnet
- Fiona Duncan, Head of Area, North East London, Greater London Authority
- Pippa Hack, Asst. Director, Regeneration, LB Greenwich
- Anne Byrne, Woodberry Down Manager, LB Hackney
- John Coker, Strategic Housing Manager, LB Tower Hamlets
- Alex Williams, Director of Borough Partnerships, Transport for London
- Jon Abbott, Elephant and Castle Project Director, LB Southwark
- Beyond the O2 Effect - Greenwich Peninsula Site Visit April 26, 2013 Our fifth round of Future London Leaders recently took a site visit to Greenwich Peninsula, home to the O2 arena and a site undergoing rapid transformation.
- South Kilburn site visit November 15, 2012 Future London Leaders candidates recently gathered at the South Kilburn estate in LB Brent for a site visit and policy discussion on its regeneration.
- Maple Quays, Canada Water August 30, 2012 Read a short report of our site visit to Maple Quays, Canada Water, the third and final of our summer Barratt Homes series.
- Maple Quays site visit August 10, 2012 In the third and final site visit in association with Barratt Homes, we are visiting Maple Quays, Canada Water, on Wednesday 22 August, 9.30 – 11.30 am.
- Dalston Square Site Visit July 10, 2012 In the second of three site visits in association with Barratt Homes, we'll be exploring Dalston Square in Hackney