Future London Leaders Round 8 launched on 25th September at the Building Centre to an audience of candidates, mentors and programme supporters. After the launch was kicked off by FoL’s Lisa Taylor and LB Ealing’s Pat Hayes, short introductions included:
- A welcome from FLL sponsors Lovell and Re by Visakha Sri Chandrasekera and John Bandler respectively, who also shared their advice on making the most of programme mentoring;
- An overview of the Round 8 schedule. The programme will include leadership skills training, two bespoke site visits, two networking sessions and a policy discussion;
- An introduction to FLL’s leadership skills modules, from co-facilitator Andrena Cumella of Urbancanda;
- Advice on getting the most out of the programme, and how to get involved with the Leaders Alumni Network, from FLL alumni and Steering Group representative Holly Mann.
The following week, Leaders Plus Round 2 jumped straight into its first session. Hosted by Lewis Silkin on 30th September, the afternoon opened with an outline of the programme goals and format. From there, session facilitator Andrena Cumella dug into the candidates’ skill sets and expectations through a range of exploratory exercises that included:
- What leadership lessons and trends could be learned from the Scottish referendum;
- What each candidate’s three ‘pillars’ of leadership were;
- And, joined by programme mentors, what both candidates’ and mentors’ expectations were of the programme’s mentoring component.
Both programmes will continue into 2015, with FLL Round 8 running until March, and Leaders Plus wrapping up in July. In 2014-15, we will run two further rounds of Future London Leaders – including a newly added session – to meet growing demand: FLL Round 9 will begin in January 2015, and FLL Round 10 will run over Spring/Summer 2015.
For more information on Future London Leaders, please contact Bal Chauhan.
For more information on Leaders Plus, please contact Lisa Taylor.
The 16 candidates on Future London Leaders Round 8 are:
- Paul Augarde, Poplar HARCA
- Rachel Bagenal , LB Hackney
- Polly Boardman, Genesis
- Helen Furnell, LB Croydon
- Rachel George , LB Lewisham
- Jonathan Gibb, LB Islington
- Alex Jeremy, LB Barking & Dagenham
- Raj Kerai, LB Tower Hamlets
- Victoria Lewis, LB Southwark
- Simon Lord, LB Enfield
- Sarah Lowes, LB Lambeth
- Robbie McNaugher, LB Haringey
- Joanne Mortensen , LB Ealing
- Alex O’Keeffe, Home Group
- Joanne Revett, Sanctuary
- Olive Slattery , LB Harrow
Their profiles are available on our FLL Candidates page.
The 15 candidates on Leaders Plus Round 2 are:
- Abid Arai, LB Barnet
- Matthew Bird, Peabody
- Sally Blomfield , LB Sutton
- Helen Elderfield, Wandle
- Adam Hunt, LB Haringey
- Kore Mason, GLA
- Paul McGarry , LB Merton
- Esaiyas Mollallegn, Thames Valley Housing
- Dubravka Polic, LB Barking & Dagenham
- Ian Rae, LB Hounslow
- Pete Smith, LB Croydon
- Jonathan Spearing, Poplar
- Ross Whear, LB Lambeth
- Dawn Wightman, A2Dominion
- Louise Wolsey, Westway Trust
Future London Leaders is sponsored by Lovell and Re.
Leaders Plus is sponsored by Lovell and Campbell Tickell.