On January 14th, Future London Leaders Round 9 launched with a new ‘get-down-to-business’ format that got top marks from new candidates and returning mentors.
Sixteen candidates met for an induction which included a welcome from Visakha Sri Chandrasekera of long-time FLL sponsor Lovell, a programme overview from FoL director Lisa Taylor, a preview of the core Leadership Skills sessions from Urbancanda’s Andrena Cumella, and a taste of what to expect – and how to make the most of it – from Round 7 graduate Anna Bolsin of LB Waltham Forest.
Bolsin, serving as 2014-15 Alumni Rep together with LB Islington’s Karen Montgomerie, also outlined what the Alumni Network offers. Its networking evenings – for past and current Leaders – resume in March with an exploration of Housing Zones.
The second half of the event saw most of the 16 senior mentors and Urbancanda’s Miffa Salter join the group for a welcome, plus some shared thoughts on mentoring best practice and what both parties can gain from the relationship. Mentors also took their mentees through their first quick-fire presentation, on what leadership qualities a prospective London mayor should have.
They meet next on January 28th for a full-day Leadership Skills session. On the same day, Future London Leaders Round 8 meets for a networking session on the art and science of networking itself. Watch for a little extra spark across the Capital the next day…
Welcome to FLL Round 9 Candidates (details are here):
- Lewis Aldous, LB Hounslow
- Graham Clements, GLA Planning
- Paul Garrett, LB Merton
- Serena Horgan, Catalyst Housing
- Allan Jones, LB Redbridge
- Mark Jones, Circle Housing
- Tasvinder Kaur, RB Greenwich
- Beth Kay, LB Brent
- Rizwan Khan, Peabody
- Rob Krzyszowski, RB Kensington & Chelsea
- Jenny Murphy, Notting Hill Housing
- Sam Neal, LB Waltham Forest
- Will Noton, City of Westminster
- Peter O’Brien, LB Haringey
- Karen Paylor, Thames Valley Housing
- Henry Smith, GLA Housing & Land
Welcome to FLL Round 9 Mentors (details are here):
- Mark Baigent, RB Greenwich
- Ken Baikie, Peabody
- Richard Blakeway, Deputy Mayor for Housing, Land & Property
- Jonathan Bore, RB Kensington & Chelsea
- Heather Cheesbrough, LB Hounslow
- Richard Cook, Lend Lease
- Michèle Dix CBE, Transport for London
- Andy Donald, LB Brent
- Mike Duff, Concerto Partners
- Richard Evans, Thames Valley Housing
- Stephen McDonald, LB Barnet
- Paul McGarry, LB Merton
- Susan Parsonage, LB Ealing
- Kaye Stout, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Barney Stringer, Quod
- Nick Taylor, GLA Housing & Land
Sponsored by Lovell and Re, the acclaimed Future London Leaders programme is exclusive to Future of London members. It has been designed to support and broaden the career development of promising practitioners across London’s public sector. Since its inception in April 2010, more than 130 candidates have graduated from the programme and its new senior-level complement, Leaders Plus. For more information, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.