With an extensive background in project management, communications and stakeholder relations, Lisa has run Future of London since 2013. She leads on governance, external affairs, strategic projects and the Leaders Plus professional development programme, initiated FoL’s Speaker Diversity Network, backed by the Mayor of London, and is a sought-after facilitator, consultant, chair and speaker. She did the feasibility work for a proposed London Housing Expo, sat on the advisory board of the Mayor’s Public Practice secondment initiative and is an NCFE-certified facilitator.
Lisa has worked at director level for companies and non-profits in Canada, the US, England and Germany, and has delivered complex programmes, government negotiations and community relations around the world. Projects have ranged from multi-million-pound worldwide expeditions and award-winning TV shows through intercultural training for German engineers to engaging Utah ranchers in environmental education. Clients included ABB, the Canadian government (Environment, Defence), CBS TV, CP Rail, Land Rover and Philip Morris GmbH.
Lisa’s planning and urban experience prior to Future of London included best-practice network Sustainable Homes; UCL’s Omega Centre (researching transport megaprojects); and the UCL Environment Centre, writing on heritage and climate change. In the US, she was a travel council trustee and facilitated county master-planning sessions; in Canada, she was an active member of Projet Montréal, which now governs most of that city.
Named one of The Planner magazine’s Women of Influence since 2016, Lisa has an MSc (Dist) in Sustainable Urbanism from UCL’s Bartlett School of Planning and a BA (Hons) in Journalism from Carleton University in Canada.
- The suburbs grow up – author
- Manchester & London Cycling & Walking Commissioners Chris Boardman & Will Norman: in conversation at Living Streets #WalkingSummit 2018 (video)
- Notes from a small (weird) town – author
- A Tale of Two Wembleys – author
- Making Housing Delivery Models Work for London – roundtable facilitator, report author
- Open City Stories: OnLondon profile – interviewee
- Workspace that Works for the Capital (CTBrief 23, p. 7) – author
- Delivering Estate Renewal in London (2016) – facilitator, author
- Inward Investment in London: The borough landscape (2015) – author
- Character v. Carbon: Retrofitting London’s Heritage Buildings, UCL Bartlett School of Planning (2011)
- Arrival City: A film about starting over at the end of the line (Project on hold) – Producer/writer
- Global Warming: The Signs and the Science, PBS (2006) – Researcher, co-writer, production manager
- Secrets of the Last Glaciers (2005) – Researcher, production manager