With an extensive background in project management, communications and stakeholder relations, Lisa focuses on strategy, connections and key projects. Through Future of London and her associated company, Coherent Cities, she is a sought-after chair, speaker and connector, and is an NCFE-certified facilitator.
From April 2013 to March 2019, Lisa ran Future of London as Director, then Chief Executive, quadrupling membership, revenue and team size, diversifying the Board of Directors and overseeing continuous programme improvement. She led on governance, external affairs, strategic projects and Leaders Plus professional development and initiated FoL’s Speaker Diversity Network, backed by the Mayor of London. She also conducted the feasibility work for a proposed London Housing Expo and sat on the advisory board of the Mayor’s Public Practice secondment initiative.
Lisa has worked at director level for companies and non-profits in Canada, the US, England and Germany, and has delivered complex programmes, government negotiations and community relations around the world. Projects have ranged from multi-million-pound worldwide expeditions and award-winning TV shows through intercultural training for German engineers to engaging Utah ranchers in environmental education. Clients included ABB, the Canadian government (Environment, Defence), CBS TV, CP Rail, Land Rover and Philip Morris GmbH.
Named one of The Planner magazine’s Women of Influence since 2016, Lisa has an MSc (Dist) in Sustainable Urbanism from UCL’s Bartlett School of Planning and a BA (Hons) in Journalism from Carleton University in Canada.
- The suburbs grow up – author
- Notes from a small (weird) town – author
- A Tale of Two Wembleys – author
- Making Housing Delivery Models Work for London – roundtable facilitator, report author
- Workspace that Works for the Capital (CTBrief 23, p. 7) – author
- Delivering Estate Renewal in London (2016) – facilitator, author
- Inward Investment in London: The borough landscape (2015) – author
- Character v. Carbon: Retrofitting London’s Heritage Buildings (2011) – author
- Arrival City: A film about starting over at the end of the line (Project on hold) – Producer/writer
- Global Warming: The Signs and the Science, PBS (2006) – Researcher, co-writer, production manager