As we come out of lockdown housebuilding is seen as a cornerstone for economic recovery. Pressure is on to make up for lost time. We’ll look at the market opportunities created by pandemic change to accelerate housing delivery.
This webinar will explore how public sector homebuilders are responding to the pandemic, and what Local Authorities, Housing Associations and the GLA have learnt from the crisis. Looking ahead to recovery, it will discuss the opportunities for public sector to deliver more homes, more efficiently – and with better quality.
This event is aimed at local authority and housing association staff at all levels plus the wider development community. There are currently no other forums looking at the local authority and housing association collaboration model for recovery, making the event unique.
Key questions we’ll explore:
- How can joint working and better collaboration between boroughs and housing associations boost capacity across the sector, and improve the planning and delivery of homes?
- What are the financial levers available for accelerating delivery?
- As the land market slows is there an opportunity for the public sector to think and act differently?
When: Thursday 1 October 2020, 9:30 - 10:45 am
Format: Zoom webinar
- Tom Copley, Deputy Mayor for Housing and Residential Development, GLA
- Geeta Nanda, Chief Executive, Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing Association and Vice-chair of the G15
- Jackie Odunoye, Operational Director of Housing, LB Redbridge
- Chair: Nicola Mathers, Chief Executive, Future of London
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters, but places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll email you to confirm your place, and share Zoom details the day before the event.
Note: This webinar will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Srceenshots of event participants will also be taken for use on social media. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.