This session of the Council-Led Housing Forum will explore the process of design management. It will provide a high-level walk-through of the design process, giving attendees information on what to expect and how to work with their design team to create a well-designed and deliverable scheme. The focus will be on the local authority as the client.
The session is for anyone involved in design development, particularly project and development managers for whom this is not their specialist subject. Design specialists are also welcome to attend, to be part of the discussion and to share their experience.
This session will offer delegates:
- An overview of the design process
- How to be a good client and work with your design team
- How to garner the support of key stakeholders.
- Insight from other boroughs, including good practice and lessons learned
- A workshop involving small group discussions
- The potential for cross borough working and networking
The expert presentation section of the event will be available on the Future of London YouTube channel, whereas the case study and workshop material will only be available to participants. Please note this event has a maximum of 30 spaces - please register early to avoid disappointment. Registration closes on Friday 16 Oct, 5pm, in order for us to allocate workshop groups.
When: Tuesday 30 Oct 2020, 9:30am - 12pm
Format: Zoom meeting
- Neill Campbell, Partner, BPTW
- Jed Young, Director of New Build, LB Islington
- Tom Rose, Director, Potter Raper
- Danny Sutcliffe, Partner, Red Loft
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters, but places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know by email if you have secured a place. This is likely to be up to a week before the event.
Note: This online event will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Srceenshots of event participants will also be taken for use on social media. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.