Coinciding with London Climate Action Week (14–20 November), this webinar will examine what more we could – and should – be doing to mitigate the impacts of climate change.
Throughout 2020, FoL's major programme, Achieving Net Zero, has been exploring how housing, regeneration, infrastructure and economic development will have to adapt in order to deliver the net zero targets set by 29 London boroughs and the GLA.
Meeting these targets will be a cross-sector, cross-discipline effort – and our programme has highlighted the need for new policies, new initiatives, and strong working relationships between the public and private sector. But it's increasingly clear that we can't separate achieving net zero from social justice issues, health and well-being, and regenerative solutions.
In the final webinar of the Achieving Net Zero series, we’ll discuss the language of climate action and inaction, and the critical role that regenerative solutions will play in moving us beyond a net zero ambition. We'll learn how the built environment sector can incorporate issues of social justice, and new ways of thinking about health and well-being, into its climate change strategies and net zero ambitions.
Speakers and format
This is a Zoom webinar. We'll begin with presentations from invited guest speakers and a panel discussion, followed by an audience Q&A.
- Zarina Ahmad, Climate Change and Environment Officer at CEMVO Scotland
- Tom Dollard, Associate Partner and Head of Sustainable Design, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Kristen Guida, London Climate Change Partnership Manager, GLA
- Helen Pineo, Lecturer in Sustainable and Healthy Built Environments, UCL
- Ben Smith, Director, Integrated City Planning (Energy and Climate Change), Arup; Trustee, National Park City Foundation
This event is free to attend thanks to our sponsors Arup, Landsec, Montagu Evans and Pollard Thomas Edwards. Places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You'll receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email isn't a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if you have a place within two weeks.