This session of the Council-Led Housing Forum will explore what it means to be commercial, how it is applied in practice, what skills are required and how those skills are developed. This will be done through an expert presentation and case studies, focusing on the need to meet social objectives, obtain best value for money and stay within budget.
The event is for anyone involved in defining the local authority commercial approach to housing development and who is part of putting it into practice. Local authority practitioners at all levels are welcome to contribute to this session, which will provide the opportunity to debate and discuss the topic across boroughs.
This session will offer delegates:
- An exploration of commercial approaches
- Knowledge on commercial skills and their development
- Insight from other boroughs, including good practice and lessons learned
- The potential for cross borough working and networking
The event will be run on Chatham House rules.
The event is in Zoom and will involve working groups, so you will need to have both your video and audio on to fully participate. Please email email@example.com if you would like to join but are unable to use video and/or audio.
When: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Format: Zoom meeting
- Jennifer Daothong, Commercial Director Housing Delivery, LB Waltham Forest
- Joe Marshall, Land and Partnerships Director, Catalyst
- Danny Sutcliffe, Partner, Red Loft
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters. Please note this event has a maximum of 30 spaces - please register early to avoid disappointment. Registration closes on Friday 19 February, 5pm.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available. This is likely to be two weeks from registration.
Note: This main presentation will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Srceenshots of event participants will also be taken for use on social media. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.