The challenge of climate change requires an urgent response from our built environment sector. With our leaders now taking this seriously and the Mayor of London plus 28 of the boroughs having declared a climate emergency, Future of London’s 2020 Achieving Net Zero programme sought to highlight the key role urban practitioners have to play.
From planning for resilience and encouraging behaviour change, to tackling existing inequalities and driving a green recovery post-Covid, Future of London’s network is on the front line, and cross-sector, cross-discipline, working will be key to securing a sustainable future.
The findings from our programme reveal that whilst there is a lot to celebrate with regards to achieving net zero, there is still a huge amount of work to do. With our leaders and policy makers now committed to responding to the climate emergency, how do practitioners make the most of post-Covid recovery to also secure a positive step-change in our response to this environmental crisis?
When: Thursday 4 March 2021, 10 to 11.15am
Format: Zoom webinar
- Thomas Bender, Senior Heritage Advisor, Montagu Evans
- Julia Crear, Regional Director South, Living Streets
- Tom Dollard, Associate Partner and Head of Sustainable Design, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Alexia Laird, Sustainable Design Executive, Landsec
- Joanne Mortensen, Climate Action Programme Manager, LB Ealing
- Esme Stallard, Climate Change and Cities Consultant, Arup
This event will be chaired by Hannah Gibbs, Head of Knowledge at Future of London, and hosted by Nicola Mathers, Chief Executive, Future of London.
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters, but places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available. This is likely to be two weeks from registration.
Note: This webinar will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Screenshots of event participants may be used on social media. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.