This session is aimed at bringing staff responsible for development and procurement together to explore how the need for effective and efficient procurement works when delivering new council housing.
We will look at the types of procurement that take place in the various stages of the development process. This includes procuring architects, specialist consultants, employers agents and contractors. We’ll consider procurement strategy, structures and how to get a good outcome for delivery, referencing the use of panels and frameworks, as well as the continued use of Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) processes.
This session will offer delegates:
- An exploration of the various points in development that involve procurement
- An opportunity to explore how effective procurement decisions are made
- Insight from other boroughs, including good practice and lessons learned
- The potential for cross borough working and networking
The event will be run on Chatham House rules: participants will be encouraged to share approaches that work well and ones they would do differently.
The event is in Zoom and will involve working groups, so you will need to have both your video and audio on to fully participate. Please email email@example.com if you would like to join but are unable to use video and/or audio.
When: Tuesday 30 March, 9:30 am to 12:00 pm
Format: Zoom meeting
- Alison Pegg, Head of Housing Regeneration, LB Harrow
- Joe Richardson, Head of Housing Development, LB Richmond and Wandsworth
- Nicola Tilbury, Director, Potter Raper Ltd.
This event is free to attend thanks to our sponsors BPTW, Greater London Authority, Potter Raper Ltd and Red Loft. Please note this event has a maximum of 30 spaces - please register early to avoid disappointment. Registration closes on Friday 26 March, 5pm.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available. This is likely to be two weeks from registration.
Note: The main presentation will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Srceenshots of event participants will also be taken for use on social media. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.