This session of the Council-Led Housing Forum is aimed at senior managers and officers interested in growing council new build development management teams through internal apprenticeships and traineeships. Anyone responsible for an initiative or starting one is invited to share knowledge and to hear from those with experience.
The event will take the form of a roundtable discussion and will include presentations on the process for setting up apprenticeships, the types of schemes that are running, data on current schemes such as salaries and the future potential of interborough co-operation for cross-borough apprenticeships.
This session will offer attendees:
- An overview of local authority internal apprenticeship activity
- An understanding of how apprenticeships and traineeships can be used for development management
- Insight from other boroughs, including good practice and lessons learned
- The potential for cross borough working and networking
The event will be run on Chatham House rules.
There are only 20 places maximum for this event, and registration will close on Thursday 15th April. Early registration is advisable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contribute information regarding your council’s approach to apprenticeships and traineeships or to pose questions you would like addressed in this session.
When: Tuesday 20 April 2021, 9:30 am - 12 pm
Format: Zoom meeting
- Tim Gallagher, Principal Policy Officer for Skills and Culture, London councils
- Alex Sewell, Special Projects Lead, Housing and Planning, London Councils
- Oscar Watkins, Construction Sector Lead, London Progression Collaboration
More speakers to be announced.
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters, but places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available. This is likely to be two weeks from registration.
Note: We may take screenshots of this event for use on social media. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.