Part of our major programme Building recovery: closing the gap, this roundtable will feature a varied panel from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors who will all provide their expert reflections on the barriers preventing us from reducing urban inequalities through covid recovery.
Our speakers will reflect on the current challenges in public space, green and accessible transport, good quality affordable homes, arts and culture and skills and growth industries. It will be a fast-paced session to reveal the shared issues facing all of these specialisms so that we as a sector can start to prioritise solutions.
This roundtable will be relevant to all those in the sector seeking to reduce inequalities as we start to embark on recovery.
There will be an opportunity for audience questions followed by optional networking in themed breakout rooms - providing the chance for you to start making connections that will address the challenges put forward.
When: Tuesday 18 May 2021, 2 pm to 3.30pm
Format: Zoom webinar
Confirmed Speakers (alphabetical)
- Chatinder Bal, Director of Land, Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing
- Samuel Blake, Head of Transport and Infrastructure Sector, Montagu Evans
- Paul de Zylva, Senior Nature Campaigner, Friends of the Earth
- Hannah Gibbs, Head of Knowledge, Future of London (Chair)
- Jude Hassall, Senior Policy and Projects Officer - Sustainable Development Team, GLA
- Anouk Khan, COO, Real Estate Women
- Laetitia Lucy, Senior Consultant, Arup
- Robert MacDiarmid, Group Sustainability Director, Countryside
- Jonathan Martin, Director of Inward Investment, LB Waltham Forest
- Stephen Morris, Associate, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Paul Nehra, Head of Successful Places, L&Q
- Laura Ratling, Project Manager, City of London Corporation
- Hemali Topiwala, Programme Manager, LB Southwark
- Anthony van Hoffen, Real Estate Partner, Lewis Silkin LLP
- Luke Ward, Assistant Director - Development and Economy, LB Barnet
More to be confirmed
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters Arup, Countryside, Lewis Silkin, Mount Anvil, Montagu Evans and Pollard Thomas Edwards, but places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available.
Note: This webinar will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Screenshots of event participants may be used on social media. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.