The Future of London Development Management Training Course provides two days of intensive training from the viewpoint of local authorities and social housing providers. The training will focus on delivering residential developments on sites in their ownership.
When: Thursday 18 November to Friday 19 November, 9:15 am to 4:30 pm
Format: Zoom meeting
What does this course offer?
The course covers every part of the development management process and is broken down into four modules, each delivered as interactive half-day sessions:
- Module 1: Initial analysis and feasibility
- Module 2: Design and planning
- Module 3: Construction
- Module 4: Handover and aftercare
On day one we will take you from initial site analysis, in which we look at all the aspects of a site that constrain and define what can be built, to working up a detailed design and making a planning application.
On day two we will take you from procuring construction and managing site delivery to the handover and aftercare of new properties that are safe and ready for customers to call home.
This course offers participants:
- A road map for the development process from start to finish
- Insight and case studies from guest speakers
- Learning through discussion and workshops with experts
- The opportunity for cross-sector learning and networking
The course will be delivered in an engaging online format with plenty of breaks, an hour for lunch, guest speakers and small group workshops. Attendees will be encouraged to actively participate, share their own experiences (good and bad), and ask questions throughout. There is no such thing as a stupid question on our course!
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at those who are new to development, early in their career, transferring from other disciplines or would benefit from an end-to-end guide through the entire development process. No prior knowledge is assumed and those with some knowledge will be able to build their expertise and confidence. The course is applicable to those working in council-led or housing association development teams, aiming to maximise affordable housing.
- Visakha Sri Chandrasekera, Council-Led Housing Forum Manager, Future of London
- Danny Kaye, Managing Director, Sheridan Development Management Ltd.
- Neill Campbell, Partner, BPTW
- Tom Rose, Director, Potter Raper
More speakers to be announced.
The online course costs £550 per person plus VAT. This covers:
- Registration, including a pre-course questionnaire to fine-tune the content according to delegates’ needs
- A pre-event pack with an agenda and preparation task ahead of the first workshop
- Two days of intensive training from expert trainers with nearly 50 years’ experience between them
- Access to specialist speakers from the public and private sectors, providing expertise on the technical aspects of development
- Small group workshops in each module with expert support to explore the application of your learning
- Post-training materials including all presentations from the course, extra resources and access to recordings of the modules
RSVP and payment
Places on this course are offered on a first come first served basis to people from local authorities and housing associations. Others can make an expression of interest and we will contact you to let you know if we have space. To register:
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your expression of interest. Please note this email is not a confirmation of your place.
- We will send you an invoice for £550 + VAT. At this stage please let us know if you need to raise a PO number in order to process payment.
- Upon agreement of payment we will confirm your place and send you the necessary preparatory materials.