During the last few years we have seen a growth in local authority housing development teams and their programmes. London boroughs have set ambitious long-term targets and the sector is creating its own brand of development. Confidence in the sector is growing, it is developing its own expertise and we can expect to see new initiatives bringing new talent into council teams. This event will look at the sectors direction of travel and how that might develop.
This event marks three years since Future of London launched the Council-led Housing Forum to support London local authorities developing new homes for Londoners. The Forum was first sponsored by the GLA who actively encouraged its development, followed by three sponsors, Potter Raper Ltd, Red Loft and BPTW architects, who have generously given funding, time and expertise.
This session of the Council-Led Housing Forum is for everyone interested in the future delivery of council-led housing development in London. It will include presentations from those leading council delivery as well as partners in the process.
This session will offer attendees:
- Insight into council-led housing development
- An opportunity to hear from leaders in the sector
- An exploration of the direction of travel for the sector
- The potential for cross borough working and networking
When: Tuesday 19 October, 9:00 to 10:45 am
Format: Zoom meeting
Confirmed speakers and panellists
- Neill Campbell, Partner, BPTW
- Natalie Daniels, Assistant Director of Housing, Greater London Authority - Housing & Land
- Jennifer Daothong, Executive Director for Housing, Regeneration and Public Realm, LB Lewisham
- Pat Hayes, Managing Director, Be First
- Janice Morphet, Professor, UCL Bartlett School of Planning
- Danny Sutcliffe, Partner, Red Loft
- Visakha Sri Chandrasekera, Council-Led Housing Forum Manager, Future of London
- Nicola Tilbury, Director, Potter Raper Ltd
This event is free to attend thanks to our sponsors. Whilst everyone is welcome, this event has limited capacity and so we may have to prioritise places. In this case we will be seeking to offer as many places as possible to those in local authority teams.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available. This is likely to be two weeks from registration.
Note: This webinar will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Screenshots of event participants may be used on social media. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.