An action learning surgery applying lessons from our Foundations for Community Led Housing project and beyond to real schemes.
We’ll kick off with presentations from organisations working to build capacity and skills for community-led housing (CLH), with speakers including:
- Samantha Jones, Head of Programmes and Development, National CLT Network
- Eliza Platts-Jones, Manager, Community Led Homes
- Gemma Holyoak, Coordinator, Community Led Housing London
Key findings from FoL’s programme include the importance of building trust, and the need for better understanding around the practicalities and processes for sharing decision-making power between communities, partners and authorities.
To drill into these issues, we’ll kick off with a workshop on the philosophy of trust, before applying lessons learnt from the project to real schemes. Exploring:
- Equitable value as an approach to valuation
- Co-production and the legalities of decision-making
- Building support for CLTs
We’ll also offer opportunities for delegates to for groups, partners and authorities to workshop their challenges: we want to hear from you!
If you would like a challenge featured in the workshop, please contact Charli.
Tuesday 23 July, 1:30-5.00pm
This event is free to attend thanks to project partners London Community-Led Housing Hub, igloo Community Builders, Pollard Thomas Edwards, Commonweal, Bartlett Real Estate Institute and Legal and General, but places are limited and registration is essential.