While London’s private rented sector grows, borough enforcement teams combating rogue landlords and letting agents remain under-resourced and struggle to recruit enough qualified officers to take up posts. Trading standards teams also have a key role to play in protecting tenants but suffer from their own capacity gaps, which are further compounded by the often weak links between trading standards and enforcement teams.
This webinar will explore what's needed to build effective enforcement teams and better links across teams and boroughs. It will include intel and case studies on:
- The big picture of current PRS enforcement activity in London
- The roles and responsibilities of other enforcement and PRS colleagues
- Key points for working with other teams, and when it is important to share skills and data
The event is aimed at private housing teams, trading standards and tenancy relations officers from London boroughs. Participants will be invited to ask questions during the webinar and should leave with new approaches and fresh ideas for building effective teams.
Webinar with short presentations from guest speakers, followed by a workshop discussion with breakouts to share wider borough and team perspectives.
- Emma Trott, Private Housing Manager, LB Southwark (TBC)
- Jerome Duffy, Private Housing Advice Manager, LB Southwark
- Simon Martin, Senior Trading Standards Officer, LB Islington
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters, but places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available. This is likely to be two weeks from registration.