This webinar is part of a Council-Led Housing Forum mini-series for junior local authority team members or those less familiar with all phases of the development process. The mini-series can be treated as a short course in development management taking participants from the first stages of identifying a potential site to the handover of new homes to housing management teams. This event is the last in the series.
This session will take you from receiving your new build council properties from your contractor, to handing them over to housing management colleagues. The aim is to ensure that both your housing management team and future residents will have all the knowledge they need to effectively maintain, live in and enjoy the properties. This session will include:
- an appreciation of the flow of information that is needed between the contractor and the housing management team
- an understanding of how best to handle the defects management to get good quality housing
- an understanding of the best methods for knowledge transfer in terms of technology and specialist equipment
- advice on how to create your own process map to project manage handover and aftercare
The expert presentation section of the event will be available on the Future of London YouTube channel, whereas the case study material and solutions clinic will only be available to participants.
When: Tuesday 21 July 2020
Where/Format: Zoom webinar
Paula Heatley, Peabody
Rachel Bagenal, LB Hackney
Danny Sutcliffe, Red Loft
Nicola Tilbury, Potter Raper
More to be confirmed.
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters, but places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available. This is likely to be two weeks from registration.
Note: Part of this webinar will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Srceenshots of event participants will also be taken for use on social media. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.