Future London Leaders
Sponsored in part by Lovell and hosted by Lewis Silkin, Future London Leaders is exclusive to FoL members and invited guests. It has been designed to support the professional development of London’s most promising practitioners, with a focus on regeneration, housing, transport, infrastructure and economic development.
Since its inception in April 2010, more than 300 candidates have graduated from FLL. These alumni are moving up through delivery and decision-making roles across London’s public and private sector, working to deliver a truly liveable London.
What do graduates gain?
- Greater leadership skills, experience and personal confidence
- An understanding of how to work with (and into) different personalities and working styles
- A larger, more effective network
- Increased exposure to senior cross-sector professionals
- Peer-to-peer understanding of the multidisciplinary aspects of regeneration
- Greater awareness of personal strengths and areas for development
- Strategies for long-term career planning
- A ‘safe space’ to discuss ideas, problem-solving, and the wider world – during and after the course
- Immediate entry into the Alumni Network, with its events, resources and peer support
How do candidates learn?
- Acclaimed leadership skills workshops
- Topic-based field trips, visits and ethics sessions
- Confidential mentoring, for advice and resources
- Structured and informal networking opportunities
- Free, priority access to all Future of London mainstream programming
- Structured and informal networking
- Priority access to all Future of London mainstream programming
- A final assignment which requires research, creativity, presentation skills – and a brave idea
“The FLL programme provides an excellent opportunity to step away from the regular day-to-day workload and explore a valuable area of career and personal development in an engaging, friendly and informal setting.”
– Anne Malcolm, Regeneration Officer, LB Hackney (FLL round 4)
“A super supportive and innovative environment with like minded professionals to learn about your personal strengths and areas for development within a regeneration context. I would thoroughly recommend FLL to others.”
– Russell Trewartha, Programme Manager – Neighbourhood Capital Programmes, LB Lambeth (FLL round 18)
Apply for the course
Future London Leaders candidates comprise professionals from Future of London member organisations. Courses run three times a year and candidates are nominated by the organisation’s steering group representative. To apply or to nominate a candidate, contact Sabrina.
For more information, read the FLL prospectus here [PDF].