As part of our Alumni Network, we are delighted to offer this exclusive training opportunity for our alumni focused on Human-Centred Design.
Maeve and Heather from Future Tonic will facilitate an interactive half-day session introducing Human-Centred Design (HCD) and giving hands-on practice with HCD (aka Design Thinking) methods
Human-Centred Design is a structured approach to creative problem-solving, driven by the needs, desires and context of the people we’re designing for and with. It means putting the people who will be affected by your project, strategy or product at the heart of your development process. Applying HCD to the complex challenges facing the built environment helps manage the risks inherent in innovating, by developing products and strategies that people truly need and want to engage with.
Participants will work in small teams on a design challenge, using methods for problem framing, idea generation, and prioritisation.
- Learn about HCD (aso known as Design Thinking).
- Gain practical experience of using HCD methods to frame problems and generate ideas.
- Understand how Human-Centred Design can be applied to challenges to the built environment.
- Meet other alumni and have the chance to network over breakfast.
Future Tonic is an innovation studio that integrates Human-Centred Design with Futures Thinking to help organisations design products and services focused on the human experience.
When: Thursday 18 January 2024 9:15am to 12:30pm
Where: Central London
This event is free to attend for alumni of our Leaders and Emerging Talent Progamme courses but spaces are extremely limited. We will be seeking to offer places to a diverse mix of alumni from a range of sectors, organisations and specialisms to allow for a rich workshop and networking opportunity.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if you have a confirmed place or add you to the wait list.
Note: We'll take photographs at this event. For information on how we use photographs or to notify us that you don't want to be photographed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.