Many local authorities have declared a climate emergency and council-led development is responding to this by changing the design of new homes to achieve net zero. With so much change and an array of options to navigate, this session is designed to consider strategy, processes and how to make decisions that fit both your asset management and your budget.
This event will have expert input as well as case studies illustrating current practice. There will be an opportunity for boroughs to exchange information on different approaches. The session is aimed at all those in development management and sustainability who want to explore and exchange information with other boroughs on this topic.
This session will offer attendees:
- An overview of how to approach net zero through the design process
- Information on design options and their cost impacts
- An exploration of how different boroughs are responding on this topic
- The potential for cross borough working and networking
There are only 30 places maximum for this event, and registration will close on Thursday 16 September, so early registration is advisable. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to contribute information regarding your council’s approach to net zero design.
When: Tuesday 21 September, 9:30 am - 12 pm
Format: Zoom meeting
- Joel Callow, Director, Qoda Constulting
- Neil Campbell, Partner, BPTW
- Ben Coulter, Head of Sustainability, London Legacy Development Corporation
- Leonie Fitzgerald, Senior Architect, LB Enfield
- Tilly Ford, Climate Action & Sustainability Lead Officer, LB Enfield
- Dido Graham, Architect, BPTW
- James Halsall, Senior Design Manager, London Legacy Development Corporation
This event is free to attend thanks to our supporters, but places are limited and registration is essential.
- Click 'Register now' and fill out the form.
- You will receive an email to acknowledge your request to attend (if you don't see it, please check your junk folder). Please note this email is NOT a confirmation of your place.
- We'll let you know if a place becomes available. This is likely to be two weeks from registration.
Note: This webinar will be recorded and released on FoL's YouTube channel. Screenshots of event participants may be used on social media. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.