Help & guidance: working through COVID-19
The Future of London network is an invaluable source of intelligence, insight and support. While the FoL team is finding resources for you all the time, we also want to share your recommendations for ways to survive and thrive through these unprecedented times.
Resources are grouped into categories which may change over time (a likely one will be ‘Resetting our world’, an emerging FoL project). If you’d like to share something, please email us at email@example.com. We will get through this – and we’ll do it better by pulling together and supporting each other.
All resources are from March 2020 onward unless otherwise specified.
- TEDx talk: Norman Rosenthal on ‘The Gift of Adversity‘ (2013)
- TED talk: Elizabeth Gilbert on ‘Your elusive creative genius‘ (2009)
- Psychology Today: Hara Estroff Marano on ‘The art of resilience‘ (2003)
- TEDx talk: Carol Dweck on ‘The power of believing that you can improve‘ (2014)
- Guide: Hackney’s top tips for wellbeing
- List: iTS Leadership’s ‘Emotional Health Resources‘
- Harvard Business Review: Scott Berinato on ‘That discomfort you’re feeling is grief‘
- Tim Harford: How not to lose your mind in the Covid-19 age
- Article: Aisha S. Ahmad on ‘Why you should ignore all that Corona-virus inspired productivity pressure‘ (Mar 2020)
Working from home
- Business.com: Running effective online meetings (2015, but best for substance; update the app names and the basics hold true – LT)
- Starling Bank on ‘Top tips for working from home‘
- Lisa Taylor & Liane Hartley on ‘Working from home‘
- The Guardian (tech focus): ‘What do I need to work from home‘
- Eat Sleep Work Repeat: ‘Are you ready to go remote?‘
- And because it’s all so serious… Caitlin Moran in the Times
- Council/related resources & initiatives – HAs & LAs: please share what you’re doing!
- Eat Sleep Work Repeat: Are we communicating usefully?
- Mark Schaefer article: ‘The coronavirus. A love letter‘
- Campbell Tickell report, ‘Housing Association CEO’s COVID-19 WhatsApp digest‘