Help & guidance: working through COVID-19
The Future of London network is an invaluable source of intelligence, insight and support. While the FoL team is finding resources for you all the time, we also want to share your recommendations for ways to survive and thrive through these unprecedented times.
Resources are grouped into categories which may change over time (a likely one will be ‘Learning from Crisis‘, a new FoL project). If you’d like to share something, please email us at email@example.com. We will get through this – and we’ll do it better by pulling together and supporting each other.
All resources are from March 2020 onward unless otherwise specified.
- LB Lambeth’s ELEVATE creativity resource for young people. If they’re happy…
- Lesley Ingram-Sills: 7 Tips to get your sleep cycle back on track
- Aisha S. Ahmad: ‘Why you should ignore all that Corona-virus inspired productivity pressure‘
- Harvard Business Review: Scott Berinato: ‘That discomfort you’re feeling is grief‘
- Tim Harford: How not to lose your mind in the Covid-19 age
- TEDx talk: Norman Rosenthal on ‘The Gift of Adversity‘ (2013)
- TED talk: Elizabeth Gilbert on ‘Your elusive creative genius‘ (2009)
- Psychology Today: Hara Estroff Marano on ‘The art of resilience‘ (2003)
- TEDx talk: Carol Dweck on ‘The power of believing that you can improve‘ (2014)
- Guide: Hackney’s top tips for wellbeing
- List: iTS Leadership’s ‘Emotional Health Resources‘
Working from home
- Make Work Better (this could as easily go into Organisational Resilience – the case to stay home or go in): The culture wars of work.
- 100 Day Studio: A daily diet of free podcasts, lectures, and music to keep up your industry knowledge (and mental health)
- Boulder Home Resource: How to Design a Home Office, design guide and checklist: you might not do them all, but some could help
- Infinite Global: Lights, Camera, Kitchen: Online interviewing tips
- Employers’ Network for Equality & Inclusion – Ways to spot team stress & support their – and your – mental health
- Business.com: Running effective online meetings (2015, but best for substance; update the apps and the basics hold true)
- Lisa Taylor & Liane Hartley on LinkedIn: Working from home
- The Guardian (tech focus): ‘What do I need to work from home‘
- Eat Sleep Work Repeat: ‘Are you ready to go remote?‘ – scroll down to ‘The lockdown of 2020’: also very good on remote working from companies that have done it for decades
- And because it’s all so serious… Caitlin Moran in the Times
Organisational resilience & Covid-19 working
- London Office of Technology & Innovation: Digital tools, projects and ideas from and for London boroughs
- Eat Sleep Work Repeat: The ‘new rules for work’ – best ‘rethink’ piece I’ve seen (LT)
- Arup report: ‘10 ideas for local authorities to help rebuild economies after Covid-19‘
- Montagu Evans: ‘Rethinking local engagement: public consultation post Covid-19‘
- Montagu Evans: ‘Hub and Club – Is urban co-working part of the post-lockdown solution?‘
- ONGOING – Campbell Tickell: COVID-19 WhatsApp digest for Housing Assn & ALMO Chief Execs
- Trowers: Virtual Planning Committee guidance
- Council/related resources & initiatives – HAs & LAs: please share what you’re doing!
- Eat Sleep Work Repeat: Are we communicating usefully?
- Mark Schaefer article: ‘The coronavirus. A love letter‘
- Suze Wilson: ‘Three reasons why Jacinda Ardern’s coronavirus response has been a masterclass in crisis leadership‘
- ING Media’s 10 ‘The Built Environment and Covid-19‘ briefings covering culture, creativity, collaboration and much more.